Saturday, March 29, 2008

Los Caprichos de El Roto

Now THAT is frightening! If this face doesn't scare the crap out of you - then you must love horror movies. Look at those eyes! Holy shit!

Is it some kind of demented nightmare? Is it a courtroom sketch of some vile serial killer?

No it's just a political cartoon by El Roto from the editorial page of El Pais:

I finally figured out the drawing style of El Roto. I'm also about to pay my buddy from El Pais a huge compliment. The people he draws remind me of what Francisco de Goya was doing from Los Caprichos. I think that's it. Check out a few of these scary drawings from the famous painter, and now that I think about it, really a political cartoonist and "life commentator", from around 1796:


Alright, maybe Goya's were a little more scary.

No comments: