Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Look on the Bright Side

Well, on the bright side, even though there are fires burning all over the place here in SoCal, the sunsets are really pretty.

I know people say global warming is to blame for all the weather and fires around the world, and maybe it is, what do I know. I do know that as a guy born and raised in Los Angeles - there have always been fires here - just like there have always been high winds at this time of year, called the Santa Anas. Cool name huh? Very Spanish.

Every time there is some news here no matter how insignificant, a fire, an earthquake, etc. friends always call from Madrid wanting to know if I am in the street. The news-media is the same everywhere, making it sound real bad. This time though, the fires are pretty impressive. But this city is so big that I haven't seen anything - except on the news. And even here they make it sound real bad.

No comments: