Saturday, February 9, 2008

Is This Offensive or Funny? I Really Don't know ....

Help me out...

Check out this video from El Pais. I know this is that puppet political show from TV and they are pretty brutal to everyone.... On this one they have Condoleezza Rice disguised as Barack Obama so she can start fights between the real Obama and Hillary. How can Condoleezza be disguised as Obama? Well, she’s black of course, just like him...

Does this cross the line or am I overreacting? Is this "Spanish humor", so it's alright? I know this would not be OK in the States, at least I think I know ...

5 comments:

Carl said...

Alright, it's funny and I've been brainwashed to be too politically correct when it comes to race.. I can handle that.

Brendan said...

It's funny fullstop, end of, down with the PC brigade who brainwashed you.

It would more than likely be racist if it was a white guy dressing up as Obama, but not the way they've done it.You can sleep easy with this one.

Midnight Golfer said...

Neither funny nor offensive.
Skin color is just coincidental here.
Comedy is not. Comedy rarely is in Spain, but when comedy is comedy in Spain - it is no coincidence, and it is really, really, funny.

That's not to say that I don't find myself frequently chuckling at situations here in Spain, that were not intended to be funny.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I agree with Ray. It's like blah. Kind of like a typical SNL (Saturday Night Live) sketch that probably looks good on paper but once it is performed is kind of bland and pointless.

Anonymous said...

Yes, it´s spanish humor. Awful and nasty humor but only humor.

Greetings from Spain.