Saturday, September 8, 2007

El Roto - El Sucko!


Alright. That title is not too clever. But how much thought did this cartoon take? I think he pulled this one out of the archives (or somewhere else?). Let's see .... A tank with an American flag, a bunch of smoke and a "Mission Accomplished" caption. That works. Get me to the bar. I'm done for the day!

I don't always understand El Roto from El Pais. First off, his drawings are spooky. The people he features look like they are out of some bad horror movie - like demons or something. And of course I am handicapped when it comes to "humor" in Spanish. If I'm at the Comedy Store on Sunset Blvd, I know everything they are talking about. But in Spanish I'm screwed. I have to work HARD to figure out the joke.

Of course El Roto's "jokes" are political in nature and are a different story. And what fun it is to simplify everything from the sidelines. It is all so easy from the safety of never having to (or wanting to) make any decisions that matter! Hey, THEY fucked it up again! Good thing I am drawing these cartoons to point it out.

No comments: