Friday, September 7, 2007

Innocence Lost

Wow! This is going to be tough for Spain. I know all the major events went down in Portugal and the couple are British, but people in Spain really got into this missing (very cute) child thing. As usual, I'm sure other children go missing every year in Spain with no mention, but this one was a big deal. I even received e-mails from Spanish people asking me to forward descriptions of the child to everyone I knew in Los Angeles, just in case she was here!

The first rule in foul play - look at the closest people. The Madeleine McCann disappearance is very sad, whatever happened. The people in Spain - very sweetly I will add - assumed external foul play, some evil nasty bastard and not her mother or father, was responsible. That is nice but unfortunately naive now days, in the U.S. or in Europe.

No comments: